Established in 1989, ACTIVE VIII is a renowned Centre of Excellence for Sports Physiotherapy.
Sports physiotherapy combines the expertise of a Chartered Physiotherapist, with sports specific knowledge and the biomechanical approach of a sports scientist. Our Sports Physiotherapists have undertaken additional qualifications to achieve this level.
This includes some of the highest qualifications obtainable, such MSc or Post-Graduate Diplomas in Sports Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, MSc in Manipulative Physiotherapy, BSc in Remedial Science and Biomechanics, Diplomas in Injection Therapy (for pain relief), Sports Science, Sports Podiatry and diplomas in Sports Emergency Medicine, First-Aid and Pitch-Side trauma management (recognised standard for Olympic level).
Why come to Active VIII ?
"Elite” Sports Physiotherapy Centre established 1989
- Sports injuries - Olympic to recreational level
- Top 15% of UK physiotherapy practices
- Accredited Practice
- Fast track diagnosis of your sports injury
- Fast track treatment, rehabilitation and preventative care for all your musculo-skeletal problems
- Sports Physiotherapy – all musculoskeletal therapies including manipulation
- Sports & Therapeutic Massage
- Rehabilitation and return to Olympic or recreational level
- Acupuncture & Electrotherapy for pain relief
- Joint and Soft tissue injections for pain relief
- Sports Biomechanical Solutions and Podology
- analysis and bespoke management of your injuries
- Prescription insoles, orthotics, braces
- Cybex Isokinetic analysis of muscle strength/power
- Measurement of cardio-vascular fitness, speed and agility
- Hydrotherapy and aqua therapy – to advanced level
- Sports Pilates - Dynamic
- Nutrition advice
Get Active – Call ACTIVE VIII. A safe pair of hands
Active VII has elite Sports Physiotherapists at Olympic, GB, England and/or Club level. They have been involved with a number of sports teams and individuals. They are, or have been involved with GB rowing, hockey, triathlons, lacrosse, motor cross, cycling, skiers, England Students Rugby and so on. Many of our physiotherapists have attended Olympic, GB, World, European, International or National sporting events.
Sports Physiotherapy is concerned with the early and accurate diagnosis and treatment of musculo-skeletal injuries. The treatment goal is to rehabilitate the injury as quickly as possible and ensure an early return to functional activity or sport. Sports physiotherapy also has a role in the prevention of injury.
We receive referrals from the British Olympic Association and English Institute of Sport, Sports coaches and Consultant Orthopaedic surgeons for the biomechanical assessment of sports injuries. Many Olympic and GB athletes recommend us. They include for example - Olympic Rowers - Sarah Winkless, GB Triathletes - Jeremy Laming, National legend, Downhill Mountain Biker -Rob Warner, former Olympic Hockey player -Tammy Miller, England students Rugby players, GB Skiers and so on. We also receive referrals from GB and England doctors, sports coaches and physiotherapists.
Our centre offers a wide range of specialist services and facilities to suit the needs of sports men and women with levels of sports participation ranging from recreational to the elite athlete.Active VIII’s philosophy is to systematically look at the cause of your injury, clinically diagnosis your problem, provide you with immediate treatment and rehabilitation to alleviate your symptoms, improve your performance and to reduce injury risk and rate by improving how you move.Regardless of your sport we know that improved movement control, balance, strength power, endurance, speed and coordination will lead to improved performance.We have the very best diagnostic and therapeutic systems at our disposal to help in this process. This includes:
- Biomechanical analysis laboratory – Motion capture and motion analysis systems and force plate analysis
- Gait and Posture analysis systems
- Diagnostic Ultrasound to assist our diagnosis
- Cybex Isokinetic analysis and rehabilitation of muscle strength, power and endurance
- Concept2 Rowing and Taxc Bushido Bike ergometers with diagnostic programmes.
- EMG Muscle performance analysis during sports activity and biofeedback systems
ACTIVE VIII has an extensive range of supports for the wrist, elbow, back and knee including splints and braces, in addition to Kinesio taping for pain relief and competition. Also available are off-the-shelf orthotics and shoe insoles for sport and every day wear.